New Delhi: The baby, born to a farmer in Madhya Pradesh’s Shivpuri district has baffled doctors, villagers, and media alike. The baby was born with a horn-like structure and no legs. However, it is doing well despite being severely underweight.
Doctors are currently looking into the causes of such a rare deformity, according to reports. The rare defect left the baby with unknown health issues.
A UP village almost built a temple after a cow with a human face was convinced by a priest.
Debina Bonnerjee shows bleeding throughout the first trimester in her second pregnancy
What are congenital defects?
Doctors have seen miracle babies before. Children born with congenital defects are common in the world. According to the WHO, this rate is close to 7 percent, leading to thousands of deaths.
What causes congenital defects?
Karan Singh Grover is soon to be a dad. Find out what Bipasha Basu had to go through during her pregnancy
Neha Dhupia birthday: How actress Neha Dhupia gained weight post-pregnancy and normalised mommy’s girth. This is what you need to know about the health effects of body shame
These congenital conditions or malformations, also known as birth defects or birth defects, are prenatal conditions caused by many factors such as environmental or inherited diseases. These are either genetic or inherited causes:
- Chromosomal problems that result from a lack of chromosomes (or a problem in their structure)
- Mutation or a defect in a gene
- One parent can pass a single defective gene on to their child.
- If both parents are healthy, the child inherits a defective gene from their father or mother.
- Dependence on drugs or alcohol can be caused by environmental factors.
How can you lower your chances of giving birth to a baby with deformities
Parents can take a few steps to reduce the chance of their child being born with a birth defect. This includes staying healthy before becoming pregnant.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol
- Eat a healthy diet
- Take a regular dose of
FolicAcid to minimize the risk of neural tube defects
- Keep your blood sugar and blood pressure under control
- Reduced risk of infection
- Taking vitamin supplements during pregnancy
- Mental health care
How to treat birth defects
- A genetic test is used to determine if there are any genetic disorders that have been passed down through generations. It is possible to have a blood test done prior to pregnancy.
- Before you plan to have a baby, ensure your vaccination status is current.
- It is important to screen for infection in order to determine if there are any parents who have had a history with sexually transmitted infections or UTIs.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in this article are intended to be informational only and should not replace professional medical advice. Before starting any type of fitness program or changing your diet, you should consult your doctor.