Oliver selected as the top baby name by Mayo Clinic Health System in 2022
Published 10:42 am Thursday, December 22, 2022
Oliver is the descendant and ancestor of his ancestor. This name will also be remembered for being the most loved by new parents at Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea, and Austin in 2022. According to a press release, Oliver replaces Cooper as the top-billed name.
The top female name in 2022 was decided by a three-way tie. Grace, Lillian and Eloise are the most popular female names that parents chose this year. Harper, Kinsley, Amelia were tied for the top name last year.
The Family Birth Center in Austin stayed busy in 2022, having the third-most delivered babies among all Mayo Clinic Health System locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The newly renovated Austin birth center opened in Austin this year. Ten new delivery rooms were unveiled for families to remain in the same location for triage, labor, delivery and postpartum care. Newsweek also named Mayo Clinic Health System, Albert Lea and Austin one of the top hospitals in the U.S. for 2022.
You can also find other statistics on births starting in 2022 here:
- In 2022 there were 14 more babies that were born to females than males. It was just four in 2021.
- That’s the second year in a row more girls have been delivered than boys.
- January was Mayo Clinic Health System’s busiest month for deliveries. For three years consecutively, April had been Mayo Clinic’s busiest months prior to 2022.
- April was the least busiest month in 2022.
- In 2022, the heaviest delivered baby was 10 pounds and 8 ounces.
- Henry is the top boy’s name chosen throughout all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. The top girl’s name is Emma.
Oliver ranks third among male names nationwide. Grace, Lillian and Eloise are listed 29th, 24th and 26th overall for girls, according to BabyNames.com.